At YourLifeIsATrip.com we're up for any experience that might provide a burst of travel writing enthusiasm, great tips and new friendships. This summer workshop, shared by contributor Allen Cox, sounded like just the ticket...
EXPLORE AND EXPAND YOUR MARKETS AT TRAVEL & WORDS 2010
From the presentation of story and article ideas, meeting regional contacts, guidance on editorial positioning, exploring major trends in writing and publishing in freelance markets, gain professional support, guidance, and camaraderie at TRAVEL & WORDS 2010 (June 26, Tacoma, WA).
Pacific Northwest destinations, attractions, historic sites and all-season recreation are hot topics in travel publishing. In this one day seminar for freelance travel writers, journalists, photographers, editors, and travel and tourism industry professionals, participants will:
- Attend workshops and seminars on marketing freelance articles and photography to both print and online publications in the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
- Gain timely information on changes and trends in the freelance writing world, particularly the use of social media in managing and marketing one’s brand and developing income-producing web sites related to travel writing.
- Make valuable connections with editors and travel and tourism industry professionals who highlight Pacific NW destinations, including Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and British Columbia.
- Convention and Visitors Bureau exhibitors from around the Pacific Northwest
- Regional Magazine Editors Panel addressing new trends in freelance marketing and publishing – in print and online
- Keynote Speaker
- Marketing and Social Media workshops for freelancers
- Networking session for writers, editors, CVB representatives and other travel industry professionals
- Refreshments and lunch are included
Saturday, June 26 for Travel & Words 2010 Summer Seminar 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Courtyard Marriott, 1515 Commerce Street, Historic downtown Tacoma, WA
ABOUT TRAVEL & WORDS:
We are a group of freelance writers, journalists, editors, and travel and tourism professionals who live and work in the Pacific Northwest. For more information and planning team bios visit the About Us section of www.travelandwords.com.
Early Bird registration: $125
After June 18th: $145
At the door, June 26th $155
Register online at www.travelandwords.com or send by U.S. mail to:
Travel & Words 2010 Summer Seminar
P.O. Box 2007
Fairview, OR 97024
Photo by Markus Rödder